I am very lucky that I have quite good skin, I dont often have breakouts and my skin is never dry. Up until now the only thing I ever used to do was remove my makeup at night and moisturise. As I have got older I am more aware of how important it is to look after your skin and therefore I now have an extensive morning skin care routine. It seems like a lot but in all honestly it only adds about five minutes onto me getting ready.
First of all I start off with a cleanser. I use L’Oreal Fine Flowers Cleansing Milk, its only £3.99 at the moment in Superdrug and smells amazing. It is aimed at those with dry skin and leaves your skin feeling and looking extremely soft and smooth.
Next I use a toner. I use the L’Oreal Fine Flowers Toner, its on sale in Superdrug at the moment for £3.99. It’s rose and jasmine blend helps to sooth, protect and moisturise the skin which leaves it feeling softer and smoother. Ive found that since using this combined with the cleansing milk my skin is looking much more healither and brighter- so much so that I often spend days without makeup on now.
The next stage of my morning routine is a serum. My favourite one is the L’Oral Skin Perfection Advanced Correcting Serum. Its slightly pricey at £11.99 (still not as expensive at some of the other serums on the market but works just as well!) I have found that this serum has improved the quality of skin and has helped to brighten it, something that used to bother me was how dull my skin looks soI recommend this serum if youre having the same issues!
After serum I used a eye cream. As I am studying, working and on placement as well as balancing a social life I find that the skin around my eyes can become very dull and I end up with dark circles from the lack of sleep (especially around exam time!) I am currently using L’Oreal Skin Perfection Correcting Eye Cream and I am so impressed with it! It helps to conceal the dark circles, reduces the bags under my eyes and makes my eyes pop rather than them loking sucken and tired! at £4.99 from beauty base.com it is such a bargain!
The final part of my every day skin care routine is a good moisturiser. As you can tell buy now I love L’Oreal products as I think they are such good value for money. For the day time I use L’Oreal Skin Perfection Correcting Day Moisturise. It is currently £10.49 in Superdrug but so worth it! Not only does it leave your face looking smoother, it helps to even the skin tone and leaves your face feeling amazing! I love moisturiser and find that some leave your face feeling tacky afterwards but this dries without feeling like your face is really sticky (which is probably my favourite quality about this day moisturiser!)
So there is my every day morning routine for you!
I like to exfoliate once a week and I use face masks every two weeks to help improve the texture and visability of my skin.
I hope you have all enjoyed! If you have any recommendations I would be so grateful as I am always looking for products to try!
I don’t think I need much in life to be happy but there are certainly a few things/people that I could 100% not be without or be the same me without.
- My phone – I know this is so bad but unfortnately we are living a world where technology is taking over and I am one of them people that has a panic attack if I leave my phone at home or the battery dies when I am out. I just love being able to know I can get help if I need it, I can communicate with people easily and when Im bored or in an awkward situation I have a get out card!
- My family – That obviously goes without saying. I am really lucky to have such a close family. My mum is more like a best friend and I see my grandparents on a regular basis (pretty much every day). They keep me grounded, help me to remain focus and always pick up the pieces when I make bad decisions. I could not imagine myself moving far away from my mum, I always picture myself in the same village or town because I think otherwise I would end up with seperation anxiety!
- My friends – This mainly is linked to my best friend Emma because I honestly dont know where I would be without her. She has been there for me through everything and I could not thank her enough for everything. There probably isnt a day where I dont speak to her, she brightens up my world and shes giving me a lovely little godson in October! Obviously my other friends are just as important, those that I speak to pretty much every day and those that I maybe dont speak to as much as I used to. They have all at some point supported me through some dark times and have given me the best years ever whilst growing up.
- Sydney – for those of you that do not know, Sydney is my little 10 month old French Bulldog. He pretty much saved me when I was at my lowest point, he came into my world and although hes a naughty little pup he has made everything so much better. I cant imagine a life without his little fat face now.
- Moisturiser – What girl can live without this? Its got to be my favourite beauty product ever! I literally have about 10 different moisturisers.
- My car – Since learning to drive I have become the laziest person in the whole world and I cannot remember the last time I took the 10 minute walk to the shop up the road (why would I when I could be there and back in that time?). (I am also starting to realise that I am probably coming across as very materalistic but im not.. I promise!)
- Double effect eye make up remover – I cannot tell you how many times this has saved my life! I am a huge fan of benefit’s they’re real! mascara and if youve tried it then you know there is nothing that will make it budge but this eye make up remover is incredible! It gets all type of eye make off and it doesnt burn or leave your lashes matted together!
- Benefit They’re real! mascara – ^^ mentioned above it is my favourite mascara ever. I literally have a shortest lashes in the world so its important to me that I have a good mascara that gives me lashes! well this mascara makes me look like a false lashes on, its amazing and stays on forever!
- Kindle – I love reading and it got the point where buying books was a no anymore because I was starting to run of room for them all. My stepdad brought me a kindle for christmas its one of the best things that someone has ever brought for me. I take it every where with me just in case I get bored. The battery life is great and I can escape the world whilst on my way to university and on my lunch breaks.
- Vogue – I love fashion- I love wearing it, I love looking at it, I love reading about it. Vogue is my favourite monthly read. A lot of people ask me why I buy it because theyre convinced its just full of pictures.. but its the pictures I love it. Its fashion as its best!!
Some of you may know me as ‘Living the life of Chloe’ however, Ive decided to start over with this blog, which means having a complete change in name. The reason for this is because I have had a tough few months and have really feel like now I am starting to cope with my mental health issues it is time to forget about the negative and the bad things in my life and start focusing on a new chapter in my life, which will start with this new blog. Hopefully I won’t be as neglectful with ‘Clogsmella’ and you will all start to know me as a blogger and hopefully enjoy the things I have to share with you all, sometimes it might be funny, sometimes it might make you cry, and I’m hoping that with the help of you all and the start of my new happier life I will finally be back to the old Chloe rather than the shell that I have become these past few months.
So Im back in business as ‘Clogsmella’.. Im sure you will all enjoy this blog much more!!